I am now available to provide counseling services for individuals, couples, and families. I have a limited number of openings on Thursdays starting September 1, 2016.
I have been a Licensed Professional Counselor in Louisiana for 18 years and have been a full-time professor of Counselor Education at Louisiana State University for the past 17 years (See my bio on the About Me tab). I have extensive experience writing and researching issues related to girls’ and women’s mental health, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders, substance use, self-injury, sexual assault, and relationship violence. Prior to my work at LSU, I had counseling experience with adolescents, young adults/college students), adult men and women, couples, and families. As I write about in my book Swimming Upstream, I am especially prepared to work with parents who are concerned about parenting their preteen/adolescent daughters.
I have experience and can help with any of the following issues:
- Depression and anxiety
- Parenting (especially for parents of preteen and adolescent girls)
- Grief and bereavement
- Self-esteem and identity issues for adolescents and young adults
- Relationship and family conflict
- Marriage and couples counseling
- Work/family balance concerns
- Adjustment to new life phase (e.g., motherhood, retirement)
- Eating disorders
- Substance use concerns
- Sexual assault and trauma
- Intimate partner violence
Please contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. My part-time office is located through Baton Rouge Counseling Associates at 10905 Perkins Road, Suite B, Baton Rouge, LA.